Airport Master Plan
Airport Master Plan Study Update
The master plan update began in 2016 and is near completion. It is a comprehensive planning study that describes short, medium, and long-term development plans to meet future aviation demand. The goal of the master plan is to provide the framework needed to guide future airport development that will cost-effectively satisfy aviation demand, while considering potential environmental and socioeconomic impacts.
Throughout the study the airport hosted open houses so key stakeholders and the public could be briefed on the master plan progress and provide feedback. Once the study is finalized, it will be published on this web page.
The airport held four public meetings to review and discuss the following items:
- Master plan goals
- Inventory of existing facilities and forecasts of future aviation activity
- Facility requirements and facility alternatives
- Preferred Alternatives and the capital improvement plan.
Open House #1
Open House #2
Open House #3
Open House #4
Master Plan Study
Boise Airport serves as the primary commercial service airport in southwestern Idaho, but its service area extends well into eastern Oregon. The master plan is a comprehensive guide for future improvements on the airfield and in the terminal area.
This project involves an extensive study of future (30-year) airport facility needs, an analysis of alternatives, and documentation of the findings in an airport master plan update and airport layout plan for Boise Airport.
The master plan study and airport layout plan are conducted in accordance with the requirements of the Federal Aviation Administration and the City of Boise.
The FAA recommends master plan updates every five years, or as necessary to keep them current. The Boise Airport's current master plan update was published in 2009. Since the last master plan update, the airport has completed several major projects and the aviation industry has undergone major changes.
Major Elements of the Master Plan Study
- Project Scoping and Public Outreach Program
- Inventory of Existing Information and Conditions
- Aviation Activity Forecasts
- Capacity Assessment and Facility Requirements Analysis
- Airport Alternatives for Meeting Future Facility Needs
- Refinement of Alternative Analysis
- Airport Layout Plan
- Implementation and Phasing Plan
- Financial Plan
- Environmental Assessment
- Final Documentation